Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why I voted for Barack Obama Presidency



I'm writing this just few minutes after I casted my vote [Nov. 4, 2008 6:30am]. It was my first time (my history) to vote in the United States of America as I'd recently became a citizen. I hope I help make history, helping to elect the first black man with African decent as the president of the United states of America - I wish TuPac is alive to witness history.
Casting my vote for the candidate indicates many beliefs, values, aspirations, and frame of mind and perhaps discourse that I share with the ticket.
As an embryo in the teaching field, one who desires to accomplish dreams through the path of his profession, one who aspires to observe the effective result of educating future generation. I voted for the ticket due to initiative necessity to invest in younger generation, shattering the racial barrier/ inequality that lurks in the bloodcurdling shadow of this country, making education affordable for all people despite their color, creed, class, gender, and background; his ability/ promise to globally re-establish American supremacy, his desire to pay attention to Africa and possibly alleviate terror against America.
Above all, the major reason why I voted for Barack Obama presidency is his promise to change the scope of education. As illustrated here {Click here}
Realizing that No Child Left Behind (NCLB) initiated by the Bush Administration has done more damage that mending.

"Sponsored legislation that recruit and reward good teachers
Obama co-sponsored legislation to create a National Teaching Academy of Chicago that recruits, prepares and develops quality teachers for high-need urban school districts. He co-sponsored legislation that created the Future Teacher Corps Scholarships to provide financial aid for undergraduate & graduate students studying to become teachers. He was chief sponsor of a bill creating the Certified Teacher Retention Bonus Program that provides grants to reward high quality teachers in low performing schools."


Barack Obama is presidential candidate who happens to be "Black"

4 comments:

Malthus said...

The only comment that i would like to leave is even though Obama Realizes that No Child Left Behind(NCLB)initiated by the Bush Administration has done more damage that mending, Obama offers no resolution, or how to fix NCLB. His only arguement against NCLB is that it's under-funded. As he tells us in his education policies is that he will put more fund into NCLB. Obama never describes the changes that he would like to make on NCLB. This is my opinion, I believe Obama is a supporter of NCLB.

Malthus said...

Oh yeah, I would like to say congradulation for voting.

Dr. Mad Scientist said...

Congratulations on voting!

I have to agree with malthus, Obama's primary criticism of NCLB is funding. He has stated he thinks NCLB should be "tweaked" but he has never (that I could find) gone on record about how it should be tweaked.

I did prefer Obama's stance on NCLB to McCains (who, apparently, thinks NCLB is just fine as is) but honestly I didn't like either candidates stance on education (I really see Obama going for privatization of public schools, or at least pointing in that direction. Hopefully I'm mistaken).

I did vote, but I ended up not voting for either major candidate. I could not in good conscience give my support to either of them.

But hey, I get four years of laughter as Obama supporters realize he isn't just going to be able to wave a magic wand and fix everything!

Gabu said...

Well malthus, his views or perhaps instinct on education and the mannerism in which younger generation should pursue and perhaps achieve their goals both scholastically and in any other way is inspiring and open to "IDEAS," all there is to it is to prove that NCLB is not really working for students. The good thing is Obama's administration I believe is going to be bi-partisan. Therefore, there would be ideas across the board even from the public.
Well, his presidency sure will sure usher in a new era of education, where one would be once again delighted, encouraged and proud of being a teacher.
Dear dr. mad scientist, I noticed you really utilized your voting right, that I envy (that you can think above the election madness). Your ability to analyze candidate's stance is unique as per "I ended up not voting for either major candidate."
Well, the point is as mad scientist illustrated - Obama's stance on NCLB is better, and I second that. Although it might need scrapping or adjusting.
I believe education under President Obama is going to change for the better - "Yes we Can"